Friday, April 11, 2008

I'm in a Tube!

Well, I have to say I have been familiar with YouTube for quite awhile now, but have been loathed to use it in excess. I fell into that with ebay once and oh boy can that been an expensive excercise! Especially when you start scanning amazon for more assorted usless junk that you for some reason want to scour the globe for.

Of course I appreciate the level of freedom that Google Video and YouTube offer users and gives them a chance to express themselves to a wide audience, if you are into that sort of extroverted thing. but it can also be used to exploit others, such as not asking for permission for using music, or filming people without permission. I really admire the level of creativity that some people have put into their work though, despite my ever present reservations.

I noticed that Google video also borrows alot of their videos from YouTube, which speaks volumes of its current popularity as a medium for visual communication. And My favourite aspect? Well music videos of course! So of course I'm going to link for you a ripping version of a Gillian Welch song 'Caleb Myer'. Go Dave on that ancient guitar!



Enjoy!

0 comments: