Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Bangers and Mash(ups)?



Well, it all started with the pulverising of the potato, and then the adding of milk products, perhaps some butter, and even a generous helping of pepper, and lo and behold! The simple spud has been mashed up!

As for my own encounters with Google maps, I have been using it on my endless search for an new abode ion a more southerly location than my current location. I uses a street directory, a satellite photo and even a mash up of the two! Just so you can get a good look at where your future location is. Perhaps you could even create a topographical map of the library outlay, and much like Kier Clarke's Star Viewer. It would be handy to find information in the library for sure.


As for my own mashup, I don't really have any photo's sitting around on my work computer, and my lappy at home has been shipped off to the sick house, so you can enjoy my favourite card game, Hungry Hungry Haiku's!


I guess one possible use of the Google maps (in addition to my library floor plan idea) would be to acquire digital maps of the local Hornsby bush walk tracks and include information on sites of interest along the way, linking videos, photos from the archives, and even links to books about a certain area! that would be handy indeed, especially for those not able to hike anymore.

Another option we recently discussed was creating quizzes that we made by having questions regarding the databases we use, and inputing them into a crossword generator, now that would be nifty, maybe even creating a link to the actual page when the answer is correct. This will require more research...


0 comments: