Friday, April 25, 2008

Another cliche title

ahh the world of podcasts, how ambivalent I am towards thee. Why do I say this, well I have always intended to utilise this lovely service myself for programs that I wanted to hear either on radio or television that I would miss due to work or inconvenient hours, but I could never find the time to allocate to said task. Given that I have such as busy lifestyle and my spare time is of a premium, I'm guessing I'm not alone in this circumstance. Hence their handiness!

And as for its applicatioin to the library world, its uses are numerous. Missed out on an author talk? Why, you could get it on podcast (with the authors permission of course). You could create help videos and spoken instruction files for using programs at the library, as well as speaking about upcoming events. Hell one day you may be able to upload a podcast for suggestions for the library, or ask a librarian a question! now that might be handy.

0 comments: