Monday, March 1, 2010

Age of Man is Meant to be an Event

So if said title is found to be true, then this 'age' of 'man' should no doubt have some kind of organisation, event management mayhap, by aged 'men'. Whilst this is how things were no doubt done thorought the tumultuous times of man as we know it, there is now another way! a 2.0 Way! Hooray!

had an oogle at doodle, fast, quick n easy to set up invites and send em away, but even when I was sending an email out via gmail, I noted I could add one automatically. less options, but you get the idea.

Google calendar looks intriguing, and the sheer amount of 2.0 tools they have is seriously making me consider changing my main email account from hotmail. An instance where I could see it being of use would be for the tech team here that runs computer courses. We are all fairly busy and have to slot appointments for training when we can, so if we all had a communal diary per se, the qualms over finding time to allocate would be simple! but it would also entail everyone keeping info as up to date as possible. I also realised it would be quite a humorous way for people to elect what shifts they wanted to work throughout the week at the library. No doubt a disasterous but valuable experience in event management.

Event brite I've encountered once or twice before and actually find it amazingly useful, especially if creating events on 2.0 technology, it would be like having the first 100 people to successfully use Event brite get to attend! I have in fact used it in the past to attend events at the State Library, and a quick search brought up the latest Seniors in focus being held there in April. Really easy to organise any event, printed tickets, sliding scale ticket prices, it has it all!

after a play around on eventful a search for gigs on in my area showed me the pixies were playing on the 15th of march, but then deferred me to a world ticket site selling them to me for 225 Euros? and its already sold out? more of an aggregator of events rather than an instigator.

Anyvite takes a different tack and offers you a way to do personalised invitations online in a neat cute package. I could even use it for my upcoming birthday! Though I may still do D&D with the old p&p.

0 comments: