Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Casting from couch to screen

Ahh screencasting, how I have waited for thee. Multidue is the time I have spent lending my voice, prompting my audience with handy navigational hints with my musings and mousing to traverse there way across the cathode lit screens to find the drive users of computers have been lacking to complete their purpose for coming to the library.



first port of access is to the address of slideshare. Seems to me to be filled with lots of presentations etc used for, well, presentations. from the wealth of information available it would be an alternate to acquainting yourself with an unfamiliar product or service, or learing about one from another perspective. Lots of how to's for social networking are available. I myself have assisted in creating a powerpoint presentation for social media at my Library (with a little help from the common craft lads)which would fit in to what is being presented here. Neato, but still lacking a little something...



Authorstream was the next viewing, and once again similar with plenty of linking features. Now to see some in action!



I really liked the Public Library presentation on talking books, something we here are looking at. Was good to see how it had evolved over time into what is available to the public now. But still, these are often used as aids to a presentation, they are lacking a voice (you can add one, but still, not quite the same effect). What intrigues me is online screencasting.

So behold! by Awful attempt at a screencast. I was so unhappy that captions could not cover up my shonky work

1 comments:

pls@slnsw said...

Sounds like you had fun.

Ellen (PLS)